Our Guide to Aerial Photography
Did you know that aerial photography images are ten times more engaging with your audience?
Our main ways to capture high-quality aerial photographs and video. Depending on what you intend to use your great new aerial photographs or video for will help you decide on the best option and like all customers, our target is always the highest quality at the lowest cost.
Our principal methods of image capture are Drone Photography & Helicopter Photography, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
This Guide details these points to help you decide which method is right for you.
Also referred to as UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle)
- Medium load capacity, allowing mid-range cameras to be operated.
- Capable of shooting 50 megapixel still images in JEPG & RAW and stabilised video providing silky smooth video in 4K format.
- Can operate up to 400ft AGL
- Environmentally friendly
- Portable and easy to transport and fly
- Remote control camera operation, with a ‘Live’ view to the pilot and ground.
- May be used in built-up areas and within restricted airspace with the correct permissions.
- Low cost to operate, two-person operation.
- Flight time of up to 30 mins possible.
- Quiet operation
- Limited to 400ft AGL
- Unsuitable in strong winds or wet weather.
- High load capacity, allowing larger cameras to be operated.
- Higher and longer range capabilities.
- Multiple crew allows both photography and video to be acquired simultaneously.
- Remote control camera operation, with a ‘Live’ view to the ground.
- May be used at any suitable altitude, over in built-up areas, water, and within restricted airspace (twin-engine helicopters are required flying over large cities and water).
- Maximum flight time up to 120 mins.
- Ideal platform for filming air to air media.
- Helicopters are higher in cost to operate compared to other options.
- Low-level filming requires special permissions.
- Noise during low-level operations.
USEFUL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: When you have taken the video or photography, how do I get my material?
A: You can either take the media straight from us off the camera unedited, or we can provide editing service for both still images and video. This can be anything from social media edits to promotional video presentations or survey reports. Please ask us for more details.
Q: What is the procedure for obtaining a quote?
A: We will need some basic information, which can be provided by you by email or by phoning us. Once we have an idea of your requirements, we can provide you with an accurate quotation.
Q: Who will own the copyright of the pictures or video once it has been acquired?
A: Once the media is delivered to you and our invoice has been paid in full, the copyright passes to you.
Q: How is the media delivered to me?
A: In most cases, the digital files are sent to you using a file transfer system. For larger projects, we can deliver the material to you on a portable drive.
Q: What is your standby scheme?
A: Our standby scheme has been created to provide shared resources, which reduces the overall costs. It is particularly useful when the helicopter is used, as we allocate time slots on days we fly, thus reducing the costs which are shared on a pro rata basis from the time we are in the air. You can call us to discuss this option or book your requirements online on our website.
Q: Do you have stock images available to buy?
A: Yes – we have a steadily building image library of stock images available by clicking here.
OUR WORK ETHIC & PROMISE TO YOU
Our team of pilots who have themselves individually amassed thousands of flight hours experience and are our specialists in aerial photography.
We have been providing our high-quality services for over 40 years, so we like to believe we know a thing or two about the industry.
You can call us at any time for an informal chat about your ideas and requirements as our advice is free and comes with no expectations or annoying unwanted follow-ups.
If you like what you see, why not get in touch? We would love to hear from you.
When contacting us, you will always be connected with one of our friendly Senior Pilots who will talk you through the best options to suit your needs.